Wednesday, July 8, 2009

yes it's time for brain surgery

The time has come and I so wish it hadn't. I feel like I am finally healed completely from my brain surgery that was two years ago, and yet here we are again....

I haven't been able to sleep at all thinking about all that is going to happen. My biggest worry is making sure that my family is taken care of while I am recovering. My Mom will be here but still I have a hard time with letting other people take care of the job that is primarily mine.

The first time that I left Alyssa overnight was when she was three years old. We left her with my Mom while we went to Yellowstone. I think I called to check on her at least five times a day. I thought that it might get easier to leave your children the more you had but I found this to be the complete opposite for me. With our twins, there is no way that I would leave them overnight. In fact, it's our 10 year anniversary in two days, and one of the girls called from the ward wanting to watch the babies overnight so that Kevin and I could go stay somewhere. Kevin was so cute, and told her that he didn't even want to leave the babies. He and I are a lot a like in the fact that we just don't like to leave our kids which isn't a bad thing.

My ward had a special fast for me last Sunday, and I so appreciated it. I had several ward members who approached me just to let me know that they were thinking about me, and that they had been fasting for me. One lady in the ward had back surgery a while back and said that a fast was done for her. She bore her witness to me about fasting. I was also approached by our sweet Bishop's wife, Meredith. She told me that they were explaining the meaning of fasting to their six year old son Zach, and he asked if he could fast for me as well. Thank you to everyone who fasted for me. We have such an incredible ward here. I know that I could call anyone in the ward at any given time, and they would help where needed. I appreciate everyone who has helped with babysitting, I appreciate the phone calls, I appreciate the cute notes, and kind words of encouragement. Thank you so much.

I am headed off to hours worth of doctors appointments today. I hope that things will go smoothly. I really would like to cancel the surgery but I know that it's something that I need to do.

Surgery is scheduled for next Tuesday, July 14th and I will keep everyone updated. Again, thank you for all of your love and support. I couldn't do this without you!

7 comments:

Michelle and Sean said...

Hey there I'm just a friend of tracy's. I read your blog all the time. I just wanted you to know that my prayers are with you!! I hope that everything goes well and smoothly. I couldn't imagine what you must feel right now. Good luck and please know that you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

Nate and Di said...

Hi Trisha! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. You are such a strong woman and an example of strength to so many. We will be thinking of you, best of luck.

Anonymous said...

I have cleared the day and your mom is welcome to bring all 4 of the girls over to swim that day, it might fill the day for them.

Lynne

P.S. Don't forget to wear your red high heels, if you can't wear those and they will let you I'll find you a pair of fire engine red socks.

We love you and are praying for you as well.

Maren said...

I'm thinking of you and praying for you. I wish I could watch your girls for you like last time. Here's a big hug!

Camie said...

Tears come to my eyes every time I read about you having surgery:( I really do hope everything works out OK. My prayers our with you and your family.

Alveybunch said...

Hey Trisha you are in our prayers. May God bless you and your family at this time. We are thinking of you. You are a strong woman!

peter said...

Trisha, we'll be thinking about you and praying for you on Tuesday.
Love, the Cranes