Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July



We had yet another wonderful 4th of July here in Tennessee. The whole weekend was filled with nothing but fun. Kevin had a 3 day weekend if you can believe it. It was also the first 4th of July that he has had off in 5 years so we just had to make it extra fun. We spent most of the weekend swimming with friends, eating good food. (speaking of food we even found a really good Greek restaurant that we tried), doing some projects around the house, and just spending time together. On Saturday, we headed over to the annual 4th of July party hosted by a family in our ward. This has become our Tennessee tradition, the kids had so much fun last year and haven't stopped talking about it since. I attempted to make my first double layer cake for this party, and it turned out rather well. I even put a raspberry filling in it. All of the food was very delicious!

I hope that everyone had a safe and wonderful 4th of July, I know that we did!

2 comments:

Mere said...

The Bells found your double layer cake very yummy! Great job! So glad you had a much deserved long weekend. We had fun sharing some of those 3 day weekend times with your wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

I am glad that your family had a great weekend! I love the pictures. And I am not at all surprised that your cake turned out well. Sounds so yummy.