Friday, July 17, 2009

72 hours after surgery




So far I am still feeling great. I am actually feeling too great, and I have to keep reminding myself that I just had brain surgery and what I should be doing is relaxing and taking it EASY. Well, I haven't been too good at the whole relaxing part and I went shopping tonight with my Mom and sister. My sister April leaves tomorrow and I am so sad to see her go back to Utah. We have had so much fun together. It was nice to get out tonight for a little girls night out shopping. She bought me the cutest dress, how sweet is that? I should be buying her something. We have been spoiled like always, my Mom always does a great job of that. My Mom will be here for about 11 more days, and I am so excited that she gets to stay. I wish that April could stay here with her but I know that she needs to get back to work.

12 comments:

The Cobells said...

Trisha, You look AMAZING!!! I am so glad that you feel good. You look beautiful, and so cute with your little girls.

Joyce said...

Trisha, you do look great, and right after brain surgery. I honestly don't think you are getting enough mileage out of this, girl!!! Your sister is beautiful, also. Let your Mom take care of you and let your body heal. Haven't there been plenty of times that you have thought-----If I could only just rest????? Well, here is your chance!

Anonymous said...

Wow Trish, you look fabulous! Please remember to take it easy =)

Traylor Family said...

You look so pretty. Did you get your hair cut?

You amaze me. Shopping a few days after brain surgery. Dang girl! I wish I had that kind of will power.

Troop 442 said...

WOW!!! I can't believe how great you look after surgery, Trisha! It sounds like everything went well and that you received the best possible care you could have received. I am so happy for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Trisha I am so glad everything went so well and that you were able to 'break out' after only 24 hours...you make me giggle. I am so glad your sister and your mom could go out and be with you and that your mom gets to stay and while you are way too far away from Utah, I agree you guys were meant to be in TN and with Vanderbilt--what amazing care!
We love you and have been thinking of you and your family!

Marcy and Isaac said...

Trisha, I am so glad your surgery went well. I admire your strength and positive attitude through all this. Your blog postings are so much more upbeat than mine would be. Enjoy your rest, you deserve a nice break.

Lisa said...

Oh Trisha - I can't believe what you've gone through!! We have been praying for you ever since we found out what is happening. You look great. Take advantage of your mom being there and rest!

Karen said...

Wow! You look fantastic. You always do. You're amazing! I'm thinking of you and glad you're doing well.

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

I am so glad to hear that you were able to just bounce back! that's terrific! Remember to get your rest and don't do too much, you alway do so much!!! Your pictures are beautiful!

Take care & I'll see you soon

tiff said...

Trisha! You look so great! I am so happy that all went well with your surgery, we will continue to keep you in our prayers! Take it easy!

Diana Sims said...

You are amazing, Trisha!!