Thursday, April 2, 2009

Goodbye moon pies, Hello fry sauce

Utah here we come! Leah looking a little nervous to fly
Alyssa and Kelsie on board

Well, we have actually been in Utah now for a little over a week, and boy is it nice to be back. It's As soon as we started flying over the mountains I started getting a little emotional. It was so nice to see the mountains again. However, I did not enjoy seeing the white substance that they were covered in.

For the record, flying with four kids alone really wasn't too bad. Kelsie and Alyssa sat in the row in front of me. I was able to take one car seat on the plane, and so I just alternated Leah and Audrey from riding on my lap to riding in the car seat. It was quite humorous watching person after person pass up the opportunity of sitting by me. I couldn't understand why they didn't want to sit next to the girl with twins. Oh well, their loss! I was really impressed with how well all four girls did on the flight. I was also impressed with how well Southwest treated us. The minute I stepped off the plane, they had my stroller ready for me, and just helped me with whatever I needed. It was great! Oh, and I almost forgot. We had a layover in Denver for an hour. The babies were starting to kind of fuss a little so I was trying to find a place to sit down with them. Low and behold, I look up and see my old neighbor and her husband and guess what? They are on the same flight heading back to Utah. They ended up sitting by us and helping me with the kids. It was so great. I truly felt like we were being watched over.

One major observation I have made about Utah is that it's way too COLD here! When we left Tennessee it was 70 degrees. Well, it was about 34 degrees the day that we flew in with lots and lots of SNOW!

So far it has been a really fun trip and we even managed to get sick. Kelsie ended up getting the flu a few days after getting here. Alyssa and I also ended up getting sick the night before her birthday. She also had some kind of flu, and I ended up the the flu plus strep. I don't know if it was the change in climate or what. We are getting better now though which is good.

It's been a week filled with lots and lots of activities, and very tired kids.

It's been so fun great spending time with everyone, and seeing my family and friends. I have to say that I do miss my king size pillowtop. This sleeping on hide-a-bed stuff is no good. I also miss my husband. The last time we spent three weeks apart was when he flew out to interview for residency programs. I didn't even recognize him at the airport when I picked him up. (I guess that's how you know it's been too long since you have been apart) We really do miss him, and the girls miss him too!

More excitement coming soon.....

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I hope you are having a fun trip! It was so great to see you and finally meet your babies! You older girls look so grown up too, I guess it has been a while!

Traylor Family said...

You didn't miss much yesterday, unless you like tornados????

My friend works at Vanderbilt and she said that after they finally let them out of the basement, she saw someones car floating down the street.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you've been able to do some fun things. Let me know if you're able to get together sometime next week =) Take care.

Braden Bell said...

I'm just glad the flight was ok. I was worried about you with all those kids all alone! I'm relieved it went smoothly.

Diana Sims said...

That's so great that you have the opportunity to go "home" for awhile. You are very brave taking 4 kids by yourself! Have fun!!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

I am so glad that you are enjoying your time with family. The sunshine hasn't shown much so your not missing much on weather, hopefully it's alot more dry but the time you get back. You grass should be greener too (haha) I am sorry to hear that you all got sick that's never a good thing. Have fun and enjoy the family time and we will see you when you are home.