Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All in a day's work


Anyone ever tried this at home? Looks like a grand idea if you ask me. No, don't worry, those aren't my kids but today a little four year old at my house could of used a cage. The morning started with a doctor's appointment down in Nashville for a lovely skin condition that Kelsie and Alyssa have now been struggling with for almost a year. Paid $40.00 basically to learn that I need to put some ointment on their skin, and give them some oral prescription medication 2x a day for 4 months. Kelsie actually behaved herself at the appointment. Mission accomplished, onto our next assignment which was going to be going to the grocery store until the babies decided that it was nap time. Headed home for naps, and decided to tackle the grocery store when Alyssa got home from school. This was not okay with Kelsie but I told her politely that I was her boss, and she was not the boss of me. She politely told me that she didn't like me anymore. OUCH! We made it home safely, and she was onto her next project which consisted of cutting itty-bitty pieces of paper up and spreading them all over the floor of our office. She even added butterscotch tape to the mess. (Butterscotch tape is what the normal person refers to as scotch tape. In Kelsie's eye's it's butterscotch okay?) A little later after her cutting mess, it was time for Kelsie to have a much needed nap. Nap's don't happen every day but boy when they do it's a bonus! Alyssa soon came home from school and we headed out to the store. Things went great at the store and we didn't have too much drama. Kelsie enjoyed seeing the live lobster's which is always the highlight of the shopping experience. Came home from shopping, and Kelsie and Alyssa were playing outside while I was making dinner. One would think that it was Christmas today the way that they were squealing with delight playing with their new caterpillar friends that they found on the porch. (All of the caterpillars even have names.) The fun got cut short when Kelsie peed her pants. Let's just say that this behavior is getting old really quick. The girl is completely potty trained at night. It's not like she is still wetting the bed, but for whatever reason when she gets playing or is side tracked, she pees her pants and it's driving me CRAZY! I got her in the bath, we had dinner, and bedtime couldn't come fast enough. Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh is all I am going to say about today. Let's hope that tomorrow we can have a non-pee in your pants day.

1 comment:

Nashville Stolle said...

hmmm... Does this mean play dates are out? Oh my what a day! At least she is cute right?