Friday, April 17, 2009

Grandma Shirley and Grandpa John





My Grandparent's have only seen the babies in pictures and they absolutely adored Leah and Audrey. I think that my Grandma was thrilled that we used the name Leah since that was the name of her Mother who would be my Great-Grandmother.

My Grandpa claims he doesn't hold small babies but I made him hold them anyway. He was an old pro at it too.

My Grandparents live just next door to my Mom, and so we spent a lot of time together. I think that I have the best Grandparents on the planet, and they have been such great examples to me. They are going to be celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary in a few months and still act like newlyweds. (I am serious) My Grandpa's face still lights up whenever he sees my Grandma. If everyone could love like they do, the world would be a better place.

Happy anniversary to you two little lovebirds!

1 comment:

The Karrens said...

That is so wonderful to hear that even in old age we can still be so in love. I hope to still be that in love with Michael in my old age.