Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I've definitely been in blog hiatus lately, and I have wanted nothing to do with blogging or reading blogs. To be just completely honest I just haven't been feeling myself lately. The stress of kids, life, and medical problems has just almost become unbearable. I kind of knew that something was wrong with me a couple of weeks ago when I took my twins in for their check-up. I asked our pediatrician if she wanted to call the Division of Child and Family services on me. She pretty much gave me the weirdest look and sweetly said, "no way, you are a great Mom, and don't you doubt yourself for one minute." I then went on to tell her all of the things that I felt made me a bad Mom. The list was long, and I don't really feel like mentioning them all. Again, her reply was something like, "you are too hard on yourself, and your expectations are ridiculous." Were my expectations of myself too high? It was definitely something to think about. Over the course of the last few weeks, I have realized that my expectations aren't too high, they are IMPOSSIBLE! What I expect of myself is perfection and unfortunately I am never going to be perfect. I guess that's why I had to stop reading blogs for a while because I felt like people had such a false sense of perfection. In blogs you can be anything you want to be. Whoever says that everyday is filled with rainbows and sunshine is lying! Life sucks sometimes that's just all there is to it. I do believe in optimism and think that you should try to see the good in every situation but sometimes there is no good. Take last week for example. I went in to see the neurosurgeon for my follow-up. He did not have any good news for me, in fact he had bad news. That being that what he thought was tumor was actually scar tissue. He barely removed any of my brain tumor, and now I get to have a lovely shot in my rear end every month in hopes that we can shrink this tumor. If that doesn't work then we will go on the path towards radiation. This isn't what I had envisioned but it's what I have been given and therefore I am going to deal with it the best I know how. I am going to focus more on what I am doing right, and focus less on what I am doing wrong. Nobody's perfect including me!

8 comments:

Holly said...

Trisha-
I enjoyed your post. It's true that everyone seems perfect in their blogs. I read a lot of them too. Your twins are adorarable! time flies. My twins will be 1 in three weeks!

Maren said...

amen! i've had to take a break from blogs from time to time. i always like reading your blog.

thinking of you!

Camie said...

No one life is perfect like sucks sometimes. Just hang in there you make it through.

Lana said...

Trish- I think we had the same exact week. Im not sure why we dont live by each other, it seems that we live the same life =) I have been so hard on myself as well. I just got done talking with Mark about it on Sunday. Life is so hard with hubbys in school, TWINS!!!!, and being mom to others. It doesnt matter how many you have, its just hard. And then when we put these unrealistic expectations on OURSELVES- well then we beat ourselves up and it brings us down and in turn, hurts the family. I will be calling you. I love you to death! Keep on hanging in there, and PRAY..ALot!!

Anonymous said...

I think we tend to post only the good things. I know that I do. I sometimes start to write about the crummy side of life and then stop and think oh no one's going to read my whinny posts so I find myself posting rainbows and sunshine.... BUT I so know how you feel.

L.

ebudd said...

I just finished my own personal emotional breakdown. For some reason, I get those a lot - but I am grateful that they at least make me face things about myself and my relationships so that I can think "real" about them and do and be better. Sometimes it takes longer than others, but I do usually come out learning something.

Hang in there, Trisha, you're always in my thoughts.

Karlie said...

I saw April in the store a few nights ago and she told me the disappointing news. I'm so sorry that things are not going as well as you would have liked. My family and I will pray for you.

peter said...

I love you, I think you are wonderful and your kids are lucky to have you. I also wish I could will good news upon you for your tumor. But I can't so I'll just keep praying for you.

Kristy