Sunday, September 27, 2009

I need to catch some zzzzzzz's

It's now two hours past my usual bedtime, and I really should try to get some sleep but I am pathetic and can't sleep when my husband is at work. He has been working nights on and off most of our married life, and I still can't sleep without him here. I thought that it would get easier as time went on, but it doesn't.

I also haven't been feeling really great so that doesn't help things either. My sickness started about two weeks ago. It was around the time that I got my first tumor shrinking injection. I thought that maybe it was something in the injection that was making me sick but I am not sure what is going on with me. I have had a lot of GI issues along with flu-like symptoms. I was in a lot of pain last week and so my doctor sent me to have an ultrasound of my gallbladder. Apparently, one of the biggest side effects of this injection is gallbladder problems. I am following up with an internist tomorrow afternoon to see if they have any answers for me. My biggest complaint now is that my neck is so stiff that I can hardly turn my head from side to side. In the middle of the night, I just start getting cold sweats and then chills immediately following. Oh, this medical stuff is driving me crazy. I wish my doctors could just figure out something that could work for this tumor. I feel like every course of treatment recommended is just an experiment, and I don't have time for experiments. I need something that is going to work. I have four kids and a husband who depend on me. The show has got to go on.

5 comments:

Andrea Holley said...

Oh Trisha. I am so sorry you have to go through all this! I am praying for you. I hope you get feeling better soon!

Traylor Family said...

We're praying for you too. Please let me know if you need anything.

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

I hate to hear you are not feeling good! I hear you on the sleeping! If it were up to Mason schedule I'd be fine with sleep but I too can't sleep with out my hubby near.

Please let me know if you need anything, We'd be happy to help if we can!!

Camie said...

I hope you start feeling better. Sorry to hear about your gallbladder that's the WORST pain I have ever felt so I really hope you start to feel better and that the Dr will figure it out.

Jessica said...

I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time. That has got to be so frustrating! HUGS!!