Saturday, June 6, 2009

confessions of a real life stay-at-home Mom


I will be the first to admit that I am far from perfect in every way, and this story is just one of many that proves it.

First, I have to start by giving you a little background to the story you are about to read. So I really enjoy gambling. I am not obsessed with gambling by any stretch of imagination. What I mean here is that I am not out gambling my house, title to our cars, etc.

Living in Utah where gambling was illegal, the closest place you could gamble was in Wendover. Well, let's just say I have been out to Wendover a few times in my life. (It's my Mom's fault that I love to gamble. She was the one who made me scratch her lottery tickets when we would drive through Idaho, and she is also the one who went with me to Wendover.) Shame on you Mom, but I love you anyway!

When we moved out here to Tennessee, I was shocked to learn that Tennessee has their own LOTTERY, and you can buy lottery tickets everywhere including gas stations, grocery stores, you name the place and you can get tickets. Kevin I think was a little hesitant in learning about the lottery, and I think to be honest he was concerned for our well-being. I can't say that I blame him one bit, and by the way he is not a gambler. In fact he has never scratched a lottery ticket in his life. I know great example isn't he? Well, having the lottery within walking distance isn't a big deal to me. In fact it has almost cured my gambling addiction, and in the 1 year that we have now lived in Tennessee, I have purchased maybe $7 worth of tickets. Amazing isn't it?

Now on with my story. So the other day the girls and I were at our local supermarket, and Kelsie simply asked me for $1. I asked her what she needed it for, and with the cutest grin and her bright green eyes just staring at me said that she needed it for the ticket machine, and pointed towards the door. I turned around and saw that she was in deed referring to the lottery ticket machine. Whoops some example I am? My kids do also know how to scratch tickets, and they share my love for the lottery as well. Oh, and one more thing. I have never won anything so far, but my Mom came out and bought a few $1 tickets and won $34 dollars. Can you believe that?

2 comments:

Braden Bell said...

David will be going to college in a few years--thanks for supporting him!

Diana Sims said...

Wendover- I've passed through there a few times- a real hole in the wall! :) It might have seemed more exciting if I gambled...but I don't. ;)