Thursday, June 11, 2009

strawberry picking


A few weeks ago the girls and I went strawberry picking in good ol' Cottontown. Cottontown is about 40 minutes away or so but the drive was well worth it. It was a new experience picking our own berries. The girls thought it was very exciting, and I think Alyssa ate more berries than she put into her basket. We came home and made some strawberry jam, and also made a pie. Very delicious strawberries. I wish they had raspberries here but they don't. They ship them in from other states, and they are so usually so expensive to buy. Oh well, I guess the strawberries and blackberries will have to do for now.

1 comment:

Chalen said...

We have berries like crazy here. I got a flat of strawberries for $5. We made some yummy strawberry syrup! Looks like you guys had lots of fun.