Sunday, June 28, 2009

Kentucky, the lake, and fun galore







We have had a summer of HOT weather, humidity, swimming, playing, sleeping in, free summer movies, barbecues, catching fireflies, no chiggers (knock on wood), and just having an all-around great summer. It's going by way too fast. It's sad to think that Alyssa will be back in school in just four short weeks.

We went to Kentucky last weekend to visit a place called Kentucky Down Under. It was a really neat place. (It could have been a lot neater if it wasn't 90 degrees outside with about 80% humidity, but it was great and the kids had so much fun.) They have several different kinds of kangaroo's that they allow you to pet, and other hands-on exhibits. There is also a cave there that you can go into. Our girls thought that going into the cave was so spectacular. The weather in the cave was spectacular also.

We also went to one of Kevin's work parties which was held on the lake, the weather was just perfect so it made for a very pleasant day. It was the first time that our girls had been boating, and let's just say they had the time of their lives. Alyssa kept jumping off of the dock and would swim back and forth non-stop. She did this literally for hours. By the time we got in the car which was seven hours later, both she and Kelsie just crashed.

The majority of our summer has been spent swimming, you have to beat the heat somehow around these parts. Alyssa has really taken off with her swimming skills. She can now swim the lap of the pool without a life jacket, and can also jump off of the diving board without assistance. Kelsie, and the babies have really enjoyed the water as well.

Tennessee has grown on me and I am falling more and more in love with it every day. It kind of scares me at times because I find myself not wanting to leave this beautiful state. ( I bet you didn't ever expect me to say that did you?) Kevin literally had to drag me here, and I think that if we ever go back to Utah, it's very possible that he will be dragging me back there as well.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so great to hear you falling in love with TN. Your doing it much quicker then I ever did. I moved here in 95 and didn't fall in love with it until about 6 years ago.

I'm glad you all liked Kentucky Down Under. Leon and I love that place, I've got my niece Megan this week and I'm hoping to take her up there one day this week I think she'll really love it.

ebudd said...

Trisha, we just moved to Michigan and I was dying when we didn't have A/C for our first week and it was 90 with 50% humidity. I can NOT imagine 80% humidity. I think I would just stand in front of the freezer all day.

We're settling into Michigan and for how hard it was to move everything and everyone out here, I wouldn't mind staying put for a while as well.

Unknown said...

Cute pictures...

Troop 442 said...

I'm so glad that you are liking TN. That is great to hear. How are you feeling these days? Hope all is well. The girls are sure cute!

Braden Bell said...

I am so with you on TN. I can't imagine leaving here to go back to UT, even though I grew up there!