Tuesday, June 30, 2009




Wasn't I just mentioning the other day about how much I miss my fresh raspberry jam? Well, today must have been my lucky day because I found some beautiful fresh raspberries on sale at publix. Now let's just say that normally raspberries are almost $5 for one little carton of them, and the raspberries that I have seen here in Tennessee always look so old, therefore I rarely buy them. Today was an exception and I found them on sale for $20 a case. I quickly loaded my cart with 2 cases, and I am off to make some delicious homemade jam. The last day of the sale is today so get over to publix for some delicious berries. What a beautiful day indeed.

3 comments:

Jessica Newman said...

Homeade raspberry jam sounds amazing! We used to have it all the time when we were close by Ty's parents and grandparents. You will have to give me your recipe!

Unknown said...

mmmmm, what a good deal on raspberries, and fresh homemade jam out of them, even better--You are such a good cook!
I love your new blog layout, cute, cute--that picture of the girls in their matchy outfits is darling!

Diana Sims said...

I love fresh berries and it is hard to find them in the grocery stores here. You just can't compare the produce here to what was available on the west coast!
I so miss those roadside stands by the strawberry fields in CA. :(