Friday, February 20, 2009

Never say NEVER!




In the almost 10 years that Kevin and I have been married it seems as though the word NEVER has come up quite often. Things such as I will never have short hair, I will never live in Salt Lake city, I will never live with either of our parents, we will never get out of student housing, we will never get done paying off student loans, I will never have more then 3 children, and my favorite never of all.... I WILL NEVER DRIVE A VAN OF ANY FORM, SHAPE, OR SIZE! Well, let's just say I caved, and we are the proud owners and drivers of a minivan. That perfect Hyndai Santa Fe that we purchased 3 years ago to hold our 3 kids wasn't quite doing the job of holding 4 kids.I imagined buying a van and having all sorts of room for extra passengers, extra storage space etc.. It's a sad day when your family barely fits even in a van. It's definately a lot better having something to drive that our family acutally fits in. We have been driving two cars around, and it was getting old really quick. Some days I was having to put Alyssa in the front seat of the Hyndai. It didn't help matters any when she would always read the visor and then would say, "you know Mom, I can die riding in the front seat if the airbags go off." Yeah, that probably wasn't the best idea. The van kind of fell into our laps, and seemed like too good of a deal to pass up. I wanted something to drive that I woudn't have to be paying on for the rest of my life. We were able to pay cash for the van which was so great for us. I am a big fan of only buying things that you can afford. Well, here it is... THE VAN that I will probably NEVER get rid of.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Even better is that it's paid for =) I never thought I would have a mini-van. I liked having one because we had room for extra passengers & it was roomy for traveling.

Nova said...

When I heard you got a van I just had to laugh because you were so bitter about them. Welcome to the dark side. Hopefully you will come to love yours as I have come to love mine.