Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Where has the time gone?

The old saying "time flies when you are having fun" has really hit home to me this week. I sit here in awe and wonder how it happened that the time passed by so quickly. I am sending Alyssa off to first grade in six days. Can that really be happening? It seems like not that long ago I was bringing home my new little baby from the hospital not knowing a thing about raising children, and six years later here we are. I am so sad to send her off to school all day. Most parents tell me that they can't wait until their children are in school and that as a Mother that's the day that you look most forward to but already I am having anxiety about it. It will be okay, or at least I just need to keep telling myself that. Alyssa is a great kid, and I know that she will have so much fun in school. She is the kid that loves school. She has spent the summer with her nose in a book constantly. She loves to learn, and absolutely loves school! It's been a great summer and I guess that we are off to the beginning of a great school year.

Fun facts about Alyssa
1-Alyssa is a tom boy at heart, she loves bugs, camping, getting dirty, playing sports, etc. She absolutely hates wearing dresses and getting her hair done.

2-Alyssa has a huge heart and is always thinking of others. When she was in Kindergarten they had a toy drive for the local children's hospital. Alyssa came home and bagged up some of her favorite toys and took them to school without me or Kevin prompting her to.

3-Alyssa loved to cut her hair when she was younger. She had very beautiful blond, natural curly hair and one day she told me that she found a way to make her hair short. Sure enough she had, and when I went into the bathroom I found her beautiful blond curly locks all over the floor. (it was so sad)

4-When Kelsie was born, Alyssa really wanted a brother. We kept her telling her that she was getting a sister, and she insisted that it was a brother. After Kelsie was born she would have nothing to do with Kelsie for several months. It was quite funny actually.

What a joy it has been being Alyssa's Mom. She is so special! Here are some cute pictures of my sweet little Alyssa!

2 comments:

Braden Bell said...

How sweet! What a big milestone to go to kindergarten. We've sure loved getting to know Alyssa in our family.

Harris House said...

You're girls are adorable, hope I can get me one someday. What sweet things you said about your girls- how lucky they are to have you for a mom.