Saturday, August 23, 2008

You need to see this!

Kevin and I went on a date alone, without children, just the two of us. (well actually there were four of us but you get the idea) Kevin even planned it if you can believe it. We went to see the Opryland hotel. The inside of the hotel is absolutely breathtaking, I can't get over it. We took so many pictures, but you have to see it in person. If you ever come out to visit us, you need to stop to see this amazing place. Inside there are waterfalls that cascade into a 12,500 square-foot indoor lake. The story behind the water for the lake is actually really unique. So they have a Jack Daniels pub inside of the hotel, and Gaylord Enterprises decided to mail out over 1700 two-ounce beer bottles around the world to collect water for the lake. The first one back was the River Jordan in Israel. Water came in from 30 other countries - some sent several samples. On opening day, they combined all of these 2 oz samples of water with 450,000 gallons of water from the Cumberland River and that's what's flowing in the Delta water system. They called this "The merging of the waters". They also feature water shows but unfortunately they weren't going while we were there. Kevin and I rode a little boat that runs through the river, it was really neat. I just know that we have to stay at the Opryland hotel before we can leave Tennessee. I can't say enough about the hotel, it's gorgeous! I told Kevin that we are going to get a professional gardener one day who can make our back yard look as beautiful as the inside of the Opryland hotel. It smelled so good throughout the entire hotel of fresh flowers. I kept my eyes peeled for "celebrities" but I didn't see any. After the hotel experience, we enjoyed our peaceful dinner at the cracker barrel. It was a very nice day, and I appreciate my thoughtful husband for planning it.

3 comments:

The Karrens said...

I love the Opryland. Christmas is great! You have to go see the lights. I am so glad that you were able to go on a date. It looks like you guys had lots of fun!

Braden Bell said...

SO glad you got to go! It is a really cool place. You need to stay one night and then go have breakfast at Rachel's. It's possibly the most amazing breakfast buffet in the whole world.

Unknown said...

Hey Kevin I miss you a ton. Hope to talk to you soon. keep me posted.

Your sis Kate:)