Sunday, May 17, 2009

What can $100.00 get you?





It can't get you much these days it seems, but I was pleased with the deals that I found for the price. I went to an indoor yard sale on Saturday. The family having the sale had two children who were also a set of twin 3 year old girls. Oh, how I love rich people. Especially when I am the one who gets to benefit. They were selling pretty much everything you could possibly imagine. Of course the best deals of the day were the twin items that they had for sale. This is what I got for my buck:
2 exersaucer's in immaculate condition
Fisher Price pull train with all of the animals
2 Playskool pull puppies
2 Fisher Price kick water mats for the car
2 Fisher Price pull phones
12 pairs of shoes including 2 pairs of Robeez and 2 pairs of Nike's
4 burp cloths
2 pink Nike sweat outfits
2 jackets
12 dresses including Polo, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hillfiger, and OshKosh. (most of them had never been worn and still have tags)
6 skirts
10 pairs of pajamas
6 rompers
4 pairs of pants
4 shirts

Seems like a great deal if you ask me. If you ask Kevin, he will tell you that the best deal would have been not getting it in the first place. I tend to disagree. My girls are set for at least the next 18 months. It pays to be frugal

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so awesome!!!

Brianne said...

You should just give them your number and buy their stuff from them every year before they put it out for the yard sale. don't you think yard sales are so much better outside of Utah?

Traylor Family said...

My dad used to always tell me that I'd go broke saving money. But whatever. You have to put clothes on your kids, so better to do it at a great price. I think you did GREAT!!!!

Lana said...

AWESOME! I need to find someone with twin boys to do that. Also your DH sounds like mine!!

Bethany said...

That is awesome! I think it helps to not live in Utah when it comes to Yard Sales they are so much better out here and you got lots of good stuff

Papa Paradigm said...

Wow, very impressive! I love rich people too.

Jessica said...

Awesome!! I have those same brown shoes in the larger size for Emily that I found at my yearly consignment sale for $3. Love them! Isn't it awesome what you can get sometimes when you don't buy retail? That is some great stuff you found and twinner stuff too!