Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kevin happenings


You know, this blog seems to always be about me and the girls so I thought that it's about time that I mentioned something about Kevin. More like Kevin, who's Kevin? We don't really see much of Kevin but when he is around we love it! Last we heard he was off fighting Darth Vader somewhere in the galactic empire, and he says that he's a doctor. (go figure)

Would you believe that intern year is almost over? As of the first week of July you are going to be seeing Dr. Kevin the resident. No more dealing with the crap work as Kevin so kindly refers to being a lovely intern. Just yesterday he was telling me about a patient who came in with a leg wound that was filled with maggots. Sounds like crap work to me. YUCK!

What a crazy year that it has been, and a very BUSY one as well. The first month on the job he worked a total of 341 hours. Kevin is paid salary, and when we did the math we were making a whooping $11.00 an hour. Pretty good for a family of six! NOT

Kevin had months where he was working in the ICU. He would be call every third night which meant that he would go in to work somewhere between 4:00-4:30 a.m. and then work until somewhere between 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. the next day. Most of these nights were worked without a minute of sleep. He would come home from working these shifts, sleep for a few hours, wake up, grab something to eat, take a shower, and then head back to bed. He would go to work for a regular shift the next day, and then would be on call again the next day.He has always been such a hard worker, and I appreciate his dedication to keep our family going. It's been important for him to make sure that I am able to stay home with the kids and don't have to work. He does a great job in making sure that things stay like that.

We love you KEVIN!


3 comments:

Diana Sims said...

I don't know how you do it, Trisha! I know Kevin is very busy, but, you are too! You both are amazing! :)

Anonymous said...

I would have to agree that you both are very amazing! I can't imagine working as hard as either of you.

Braden Bell said...

I am so glad that this year is about over! You guys have all been incredible. And you are so lucky to have each other--I'm glad Kevin appreciates all you do and that you appreciate him, too.