Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A Mother's worst nightmare





Today I was in a state of panic as Alyssa's school bus pulled up to the driveway at 2:20 p.m. and low and behold there was no Alyssa on that bus. My heart just sank as I thought about all of the things that could have happened to my sweet little girl. I immediately panicked and called her school to find out where she was. They told me that she got on the wrong bus but that she was okay, and that they would get her home shortly. Shortly was an understatement, it was the longest 45 minutes of my life waiting for my blue eyed girl to get off of that bus. I was so unsure of Alyssa riding the bus to school in the first place, and so today's experience sure didn't help any. I trust very few people with my kids, and the school transportation department isn't very high on my list. Okay I'm calm now and things are going to be okay. We will just hope that this doesn't happen again.

4 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Ah!! That would totally freak me out, too! Glad she made it home ok.

Jessica said...

Oh, scary! My friend had a similar experience. It was half day and her kindergartner was on the bus, but she forgot to be there early that day so the rule is they don't drop her off unless my friend is waiting for her. They took her back to the school for an hour and a half and fed her lunch. My friend was hysterical. It would be so scary!

Katie S said...

That is scary. At least she made it home safe. Sorry for the panic attack, though!

The Karrens said...

I am so glad that she is okay. What a stressful day not knowing where she was.