Tuesday, March 3, 2009

You want how much for preschool?

Kelsie was so excited when we got a little postcard in the mail about preschool. She got even more excited when she saw that it said it was a preschool for 3 and 4 year olds. (let's just say that for what I would pay for her to go to preschool for 3 1/2 months would make our house payment) Preschool is out of the question. I could handle $25-30 a month, that's about what they charge in Utah and that seems within reason but $407 a month for a half day, you have got to be out of your mind. Here are their pricing options which one would you pick?

Half day......$407/monthly
3 days a week......$400/monthly
5 days a week......$147/week

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Damian went to Pre-K at the University I paid around $67/week. It depends on how good the program is, I think it was well worth the money what we paid for him.

Spring said...

CRAZY prices! That seems insane to me! I am paying more than I want for B to go to preschool, but I waited until the last minute to register her and all the less expensive ones were full. M is now on the waiting list for my friend's much less expensive one. Still, I pay $110 per month - WAY less than they're asking you! Who can afford that?

Nashville Stolle said...

Wow! I had to laugh a little bit- I paid those prices with a DISCOUNT. I have no idea why TN is so expensive... Oh well. Our kids can have field trips to each other's houses instead eh?

Lana said...

Its $50 a month here, and I figure that could still go a long way- so I just do stuff here with her. I dont think she is missing out too much.

Jessica said...

Wow, that is outrageous! You could find a mommy preschool co op instead. There might be something around you. Besides the fact that we aren't doing preschool anyway, we also couldn't afford even the cheap ones. I instead opt to finding music, dancing, etc. classes instead. Good luck on finding some fun things for Kelsie to do.

Alveybunch said...

Those all seem to be very expensive!! We took Taylor to the preschool at the college by our house and actually got a rather reasonable deal. It was $250/semester two times a week for 3 hours a day. Preschool can be really pricey, I would say it is not worth it unless you feel like you got a good deal. He had a really good experience though.

crush said...

Yowzer!

Bethany said...

Okay I don't think I have anything to complain about When we pay $130 a month here. I can't even imagine that price. Unless they are teaching your preschooler statistics I don't think they can justify that price. Good luck finding something!!