Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leprechauns do exist

My four cute little leprechauns
visiting Alyssa at school
Kelsie at the Science Adventure center
Our shamrock pancakes
Kelsie enjoying her good finds


We had a rather rude dude come to our house the eve of St. Patrick's day. Rumor has it that Larry the leprechaun visits Alyssa's school every year on March 17th. Before the kids come to school, he does some very naughty things including: tipping desks over, stealing things from the teacher, putting things in random places, etc. The kids all had to make a leprechaun trap for Larry in hopes that they could finally catch him. Well, Larry made his grand escape once again.

Alyssa was really hoping that Larry would stop by our house and sure enough he did indeed stop here. Larry sprinkled leprechaun dust from the top of the upstairs all the way down into the kitchen, and boy does he know how to make a mess. (he would fit in good at our house) He left a little note for the girls that said:

My name is Larry
I'm what they call a Leprechaun
But really I am sort of like a little fairy

My favorite color of course is green
And don't believe people, I'm really not mean

I love St. Patrick's day, it's the best time of the year
Because that means spring time soon will be here

You tried to catch me but I'm no fool
You won't find me, not even at school

I left you some treasures that I brought from far away
Know that you will never find me and have a very good
St. Patty's day

Love,
Larry the lepechaun

The girls couldn't have been more excited, they were however a little disapointed that they didn't actually see Larry in person. Oh well, maybe next year.

I really wanted to do a "green" breakfast but didn't feel like getting up at 5:00 a.m. so that I could make a fancy breakfast before sending Alyssa off to school, so Kelsie and I enjoyed our shamrock pancakes after Alyssa went to school. Kelsie, Audrey, Leah, and I enjoyed a fun day at the Science Adventure center. After that we headed over to Alyssa's school. After Alyssa got home we then headed out to the park and enjoyed a beautiful Tennessee day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like so much fun! Shamrock pancakes, yummy!

Brianne said...

Look at all your ambition and you have 2 babies! I only have 1 baby and I have less than half the ambition that you have.

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

that's so cute, i don't remember celebrating st patty's day --- EVER!!! - super cute! wonderful ideas!!!

Traylor Family said...

This must be a TN thing. Back home we never celebrated more than wearing gree to avoid a pinch. I'm loving all the ideas for when my little ones get bigger though.

Karen said...

So cute! Wow, that sounds exhausting. My baby is almost two and I have no ambition.

Unknown said...

I love your little leprechauns...they are all so cute, and the video of the babies, oh-my-gosh, darling. I can't wait to see you!