Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Alyssa happenings

Alyssa and her best friend Rylee
plastic bubbles that were so hard to clean up

"scones anyone?"



"Am I cute or what?"

"No-one will find me under here."
"Whoops I spilled my popcorn."
"Oh, those cd's were supposed to stay on that shelf?"

Mischievous at heart
another mess, another day! Boy, I am exhausted!

Alyssa turns seven in a few weeks, and I just can't believe how fast the time has gone. For her birthday she only wants 1 thing. That 1 thing is, she would like to spend her birthday in Utah with her best friend Rylee. We weren't quite sure if it was going to work for us to go to Utah or not, but guess what? It worked and we are headed out to Utah in a few weeks. We won't only be there for Alyssa's birthday but Alyssa will also get to be there for Rylee's birthday. I told Alyssa that we weren't going to be able to celebrate her birthday in Tennessee this year, and she just kind of got this sad look on her face. When I told her that she would be celebrating her birthday in Utah she couldn't believe it. She can't wait to go back to Utah! She even made a chain for the countdown, we will be there in 12 days.
Alyssa truly is a dream child, and I know that probably won't always be the case but for now I am really enjoying every minute of her sweet innocence. She is painfully shy, and getting her to talk to people is something that she just has the hardest time with. We have really been working with her on getting her to talk more. Last night as we were getting ice cream I made her tell the clerk what she wanted, and she did it! Afterwards she looked at me and said, "Mom, I did it!" It was seriously a big deal for both of us.

Alyssa loves to make messes whether it is with food, paper, toys, etc. You name it and she can make a mess with it. Of course when I tell my Mom about the messes that she makes, she just laughs and tells me that she is just a little spitting image of her Mother. (she had 6 kids and I think that she is getting me mixed up with my other 2 sisters) anyway, the messes or more than I can handle often times, and the funnier thing is that Alyssa hasn't stopped making messes since she was born. (I posted pictures of her when she was little for proof)

I think Tennessee is growing on Alyssa, and she seems to be enjoying it here. She even has a southern accent which I just love. It just goes really well with her personality. Overall, Alyssa is a happy go lucky kind of girl, and we are so happy to have her in our family.

4 comments:

Lana said...

I cant wait till you come to Utah!! Im excited to meet all 5 of you beautiful girls!!!

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

Lys is such a big sister it's great! I love her wonderful independance and sweet shy spirit. I also love the smile! Wonderful pictures of the little lady are just so precious. I am so excited to you are all going to Utah for some time to spend with family and friends. we are going to miss you all while your gone - (i wish i could just go with you) - have fun and enjoy every moment!

Nova said...

That will be fun to come to Utah. Try to stop by the playground so everyone can see you cute girls!!!

Karen said...

Fantastic! What a fun, fun trip. Will you be here over conference? We'd love to see you guys! I'm sure there's a TON of people that want to see you and your family.