Thursday, December 18, 2008





Where have the last five weeks gone? I feel like I have been running around like a chicken with it's head cut off literally. There are days when I feel completely overwhelmed and wonder how on earth I can do everything that I need to do. Sometimes I get so busy taking care of the twins that I completely forget that I have two older girls who also need some attention. I know that it will get easier, it will just take time.

I don't remember what it was that I was watching on TV the other night but they were talking about how you needed to live in the moment. I love that, and it's something that I really need to take to heart. There is a time and a season for everything. Right time it's my time to raise my children. I don't need to worry about perfection, that can come much later. I think that we all need to take this poem to heart. It's one of my favorites.

Mother, O Mother, come shake out your cloth,
Empty the dustpan, poison the moth,
Hang out the washing, make up the bed,
Sew on a button and butter the bread.

Where is the mother whose house is so shocking?
She's up in the nursery, blissfully rocking.

Oh, I've grown as shiftless as Little Boy Blue,
Lullabye, rockabye, lullabye loo.
Dishes are waiting and bills are past due
Pat-a-cake, darling, and peek, peekaboo

The shopping's not done and there's nothing for stew
And out in the yard there's a hullabaloo
But I'm playing Kanga and this is my Roo
Look! Aren't his eyes the most wonderful hue?
Lullabye, rockaby lullabye loo.

The cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow But children grow up as I've learned to my sorrow. So quiet down cobwebs; Dust go to sleep! I'm rocking my babies and babies don't keep.


We are all doing well, the girls are getting so excited about Christmas. They are hoping that Santa knows that they moved to Tennessee. We have assured them that he does know, and he will find them. I can't believe that Christmas is one week away wow! Enjoy your holiday with your loved ones, I know that we will!



3 comments:

Katelyn Marie Taylor said...

I love this blog, thank you so much for writing it! Your so wonderful and I love you for the advice you've shared and your friendship. Have a Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year and we will see you in January. Then I'm coming over to take up on some of your baby time if you don't mind! They are so precious, I seriously can't wait to be a mom! Once again thank you for your blog and have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Braden Bell said...

That is a great attitude you have about being a mom. So true. You'll have plenty of time for all the other stuff later on. Love those pictures

Bethany said...

You are such a trooper. What a positive attitude. Your family is adorable.