Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas


It was so weird to wake up on Christmas and not see anything white on the ground, instead we had a beautiful Christmas. It was almost 70 degrees here yesterday if you can believe it. Christmas came and left this year way too fast. I didn't really have time to get much into the spirit this year. I have just been so preoccupied with taking care of my babies that we haven't had time for much else. We didn't go see any Christmas lights. I hardly listened to Christmas music, I didn't do my usual Christmas baking, and I didn't make any gifts to pass out to my friends and neighbors. Oh well, there is always next year! We really missed our families this year but it was nice that we were able to spend time together as a family making our own traditions. In the nine years that Kevin and I have been married we have never been able to stay home on Christmas. Our day always began around 6:00 a.m. and ended way too late. This year it was nice to actually sleep in.

We had a wonderful Christmas, and everyone got exactly what they wished for. Alyssa got a Nintendo ds which she has not put down since she got it. She also received a keyboard that Kelsie won't stop playing. Kelsie got a bike, and a play kitchen. The Bratz dolls were no where to be found (there is a Santa who loves me! Thanks Santa) p.s. Bratz dolls are soon to be off the market FOREVER! Yeah! Leah and Audrey spent Christmas sleeping. Santa was good to them and brought them some bouncy seats, clothes, and other random things. Kevin and I were not so good this year I guess because Santa forgot the gifts for us. We got the gift of each other does that count? However, a few nights ago the babies started sleeping for six hours at a time. That was enough of a Christmas gift in itself. Sleep is good!

Well, I wasn't so good about taking pictures this year. Mainly because I was busy feeding babies all morning, but here are a few pictures. We hope that you all had a wonderful holiday season.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Merry Christmas! I love the pictures you posted. Wow, 70 degrees. That must have been different. We got dumped on for Christmas here. The drive home from the in-laws Christmas night was pretty nerve racking. It looks like you all had a good Christmas.

Diana Sims said...

What darling girls you have!! The new year will be full for your family this year. Just remember- have fun!!