Friday, April 2, 2010

My best April Fool's day joke ever

It happened about thirteen years ago or so. I called my friend's husband who I didn't know that well, and told him that he had been late paying on his jeep, and so sadly enough we were going to have to come and reposses his pride and joy. He told me over and over on the phone that he had made his last car payment on time so I calmly said that if he could get the documentation to be in a few hours then we wouldn't have any problems and the jeep would be his. Problem was he was at work and couldn't get out in time. Oh, just hearing his frazzled voice was just beyond funny. I stayed calm and we hung up the phone. As soon as I hung up with him, my friend and I just laughed and laughed. We had him going for the entire day, and when he finally came home from work, we broke the happy news to him that he wasn't going to loose his jeep after all. Oh, good times!

Don't you love April Fool's day? What a great day. My kids had a great time telling their Dad that he had bugs on his back all day. They also loved taping down the kitchen faucet so that when you turned on the water, you got sprayed in the face. They didn't get around to messing up his sock drawer though, that's always their favorite joke. Our JOKE to them was telling them that they were going to be getting a baby BROTHER. Kelsie was ecstatic when we told her. Then sadly we told her that we were only KIDDING! THERE IS NO BABY BROTHER COMING!

Oh you guys, I had you going didn't I? We are not having a baby. It was fun making you wonder though. Happy April Fool's Day!

1 comment:

Camie said...

ha..ha..ha..ha Good times! :o)