Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Ice








The Opryland hotel puts on an incredible ice show every year, and this year we had the privilege of going for FREE. The admission is very expensive and it would have cost our family over $80.00 to go. Kevin was able to get some free tickets from work and so we decided to check it out. All of the sculptures are hand carved out of colored ice, and the work is incredible. As you get ready to enter you are given a lovely blue parka to wear as it is only eight degrees inside where the sculptures are. Mind you I have now lived in Tennessee for eighteen months and no longer remember the freezing cold. As we all put her parka's on and walked inside, we could see our breath. It was so cold, and the kids and I just kept saying over and over, "This is what it was like in Utah, and we are freezing." Seriously it was so cold, but really neat to see. Afterwards we warmed up with some hot chocolate and then walked back to our van in the nice 70 degree weather.

6 comments:

Camie said...

That looks so cool! :o) Glad you guys had fun!

Traylor Family said...

How fun. I really want to do that, but I guess we better wait until Benjamin is old enough to appreciate it since we'd have to pay.

ApRil & Heath said...

oh my heck that looks like so much fun! I love the parka's and all the cute ice things! hahaha i always laugh that its the gaylord opryland.. gaylord is sucha funny name :) hope today went okay. love ya mucho!

The Cobells said...

That looks so cool. It's starting to get cold here, can I come live there? I was wondering where you all got the same coat?

Melissa Pratt said...

Hello Trisha,
This is Melissa, I found your blog off of Cami Beesley's Blog. How are you doing? Your family is so adorable, your girls have really grown up, and your twins are so cute! Email me I would love to catch up, my email is iduhaire@gmail.com Happy Holidays.

Julie said...

How fun!:)