Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas

What would you know? Santa found us again this year. Kelsie had a good question. She wanted to know how it was that Santa could land his sleigh when we didn't have any snow on the ground. Hmmmm, not sure about that but somehow it happened. For the record, we did get some snow this year. Kelsie had to rush outside after the snowfall and measure the intake with her little snow measuring stick.The snow measured somewhere between .005-.008 cm. Pretty impressive if you ask me, and sadly to say it wasn't quite enough to even attempt making a snow ball. The kids really are missing the snow. Kevin and I aren't missing the snow at all.

Our Christmas was really laid back this year and it was nice not having to rush out anywhere. Both Alyssa and Kelsie were a little under the weather anyway on Christmas so it was nice just being able to relax at home with our own family.

Sadly to say my heart wasn't in Christmas this year. The normal Christmas things that I usually find pleasure in just weren't the same for me this year. Fortunately other hearts were in the holiday spirit this year and really touched mine. So many people were looking out for us, and helped to make our holiday bright. I appreciate all of the love that was shown to us. We have such great friends, neighbors, and family members. I hope that next year I will be back to my normal holiday self.

1 comment:

The Karrens said...

Tricia~ I hope you are doing well. I have been thinking about you and your cute family. We miss you, but hope you are enjoying Tennessee.