Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Kelsie-ism's


I sure do love this little girl, and as always she makes me laugh so hard. Other times she about brings me to tears. Here are some of her recent ramblings.

This week one of her pet frogs died. With tears in her eyes she told me that the frogs heart had run out of pumps.

Kelsie went to McDonald's today and as she was playing in the play land, some little boys about her age told her that they were going to kill her. As she was re-telling this story to Alyssa she said that she had the worstest day in her life because some mean guys told her that they were going to kill her and if they didn't kill her then they were going to bite her.

On the night of Halloween Kelsie told Alyssa that if she didn't want to go trick-or treating then she would just go for her and would give her all of her candy.

While working on a coloring contest for a local pet store, I explained to the girls that if they won then they would get a $30 gift certificate and asked them what they would buy. Alyssa said that she would probably buy a ferret until Kevin told her that those were way more than $30.00. Kelsie then pipes up and says, " Alyssa, when we get older if you still want a ferret then I will buy you one with my money okay?"

Kelsie has been asking about her Great-Grandma Wheeler. Grandma Wheeler died before Kelsie was born but we have a book about Grandma's life, and we often read through the book together. In the book, it talks about Grandma Wheeler's love of the Christmas holiday. She often made dolls and other homemade gifts that she would pass out at the family parties which Kelsie thought was awesome. In talking to my girls one night about the reason why we celebrate Christmas, Alyssa answered first and said that we celebrate Christmas because of the birth of Jesus. Kelsie was quick to tell Alyssa that she was wrong and that the reason why we celebrate Christmas was because of Grandma Wheeler.

I have never seen a more caring, giving, selfless child than Kelsie. She has a heart of gold, and some of the things that come out of that little girl's mouth are just beyond touching. She is constantly thinking of others and puts the needs of others before her own. If you ask me that's pretty impressive for a four year old.

5 comments:

Karen said...

What a sweet girl! I laughed out loud and a few of those.

Traylor Family said...

cute cute!

Camie said...

She is so cute! That is so good to write things like that down so you can remember them. My kids say funny things all the time I should really start writing them down too. Thanks for the great example!

Anonymous said...

oh trisha how i have been a bad friend!!! I am glad you are doing ok and your girls are adorable. i read a bunch of your posts but now that it's late i will have to finish them later! Miss you!

Troop 442 said...

What a sweetheart! The spirits these little ones possess just amaze me!