Monday, October 12, 2009

earrings


I'll be the first to admit it, I love earrings. I went through some crazy ear piercing times in my early teenage years. I had two holes in each ear for a while, and then I got bored with that so I switched to having three holes in each ear. Eventually I decided to add one more hole, and had the top of my ear pierced in the cartilage. I know, what would that prophet think?


Well, I have always wanted to get my little girls ears pierced. Kevin on the other hand, ummm he is not a big fan. Well, I take that back. He is a fan but only if our girls are fans and can decide for themselves if they want earrings or not.


I have mentioned the idea to Alyssa and Kelsie several times only to hear, "No Mom, we don't want earrings." I kind of stopped thinking about it for a while and then Kelsie mentioned to me out of the blue that she really wanted earrings. Apparently a lot of the girls at her preschool have earrings. Is it a bad sign that she is trying to follow the crowd? Well, I jumped on the idea and off to the mall we headed to go get Kelsie some earrings. She was very brave getting her ears pierced and cried only for a second, but boy does she love her pink diamond earrings.


Oh my word do earrings cost a fortune. I saw the sign for free ear piercing so I assumed that the earrings would be in the $10 price range. Boy was I mistaken! Earrings cost a fortune, it's definitely gone up in price since I have had mine done.


Kelsie's earrings make her so happy, and she loves to look at herself in the mirror constantly. Now she is trying to talk Alyssa into having her ears pierced. You can probably figure out for yourself what the answer to that is.


3 comments:

Camie said...

She is so pretty with her pink diamond earrings. She looks so happy! How are you doing?

ApRil & Heath said...

uh oh.. de-ja-vu, me and Heath were just talking last night about why I have second holes in my ears... hahaha lets just say your name might of come up! Fun times we had trishee! You were like my 2nd mom taking me to do everything, I love Kelsie's earrings and Leah eating the sucker! :)

Alveybunch said...

How fun! I Loved having Katie get her little ears pierced. It does make them look so cute!