Sunday, October 18, 2009

back to life, back to reality

Arriving to Tennessee in style
Kelsie loving every minute with Grandpa.
Her comment when he left was
, "I didn't use to miss people when they left,
but now I do." Oh, so sweet!
It was so cute watching these two together.
Kelsie loves her Grandpa

It was a little on the sunny side okay?
Aunt Tracy, Alyssa, Grandma, and Grandpa at Alyssa's school play
Kevin and Tracy at the Musician's Hall of Fame
Kelsie and Grandpa waiting for Kelsie's ride to pick
her up for preschool

Kevin learning from "the best"
Aunt Tracy and Leah
Grandpa and Kevin on their way to the priesthood session Grandma with the babies
cool glasses courtesy of Grandma
Leah with Grandpa


Isn't that a song? Well, it's our song I guess. Tomorrow, we are back to real life. The last few weeks has been filled with fall break, a week of PAID vacation for Kevin, and visitors from Utah. What more could we ask for? Kevin's grandparents made another visit in the motor home. Kevin's sister Tracy flew in at the same time, and it was great having them all here with us. I feel like I see our families more now than I did while living in Utah, it's great! I felt like we were able to get a lot of projects finished around our house especially while Grandpa Preece was around to do most of them for us. Kevin actually having some vacation time helped immensely as well. Part of the problem has just been that--lack of time. We have been living with a front door that didn't lock, kitchen chairs that were falling apart, a garage that was greatly disorganized, a bathroom fan that was driving me nuts, a driveway that was in desperate need of a power wash, and some other little things. Now we can cross all of those things off of our list because they are done. Grandpa and Kevin built some shelves for the garage, Grandpa spent endless hours power washing the driveway, Grandpa made it so that I now have a front door that locks, I now have a bathroom fan that doesn't have to turn on whenever you turn the light on, kitchen chairs that I won't fall off of, and overall, the house looks great.

Grandma was here and loved seeing the babies again. It's been almost seven months since she has seen them last. The babies of course remembered her, and loved being with their Grandma.

We were able to do a little sightseeing with Grandma and Tracy. We went on a tour of the Cumberland River, went to the musicians hall of fame, and just had a great time. The five days that they were here just went by way too fast like always.

We are so grateful for the wonderful families that we have, and for the continued support that they show to us. Thanks for coming to visit you guys, and we hope to see you again soon. We love you!

Did I mention how much I have enjoyed sleeping in? Alyssa has been on fall break for almost two weeks. It has been so nice not having to slap an alarm clock every morning. Back to real life I guess. Do I really have to start waking up at 5:45 tomorrow? Dang it!

2 comments:

Vickle said...

Kind of bittersweet, isn't it? I'm at my mom's house right now getting ready to leave tomorrow and I feel the same way. Since all your home improvement stuff is done now, next time they come out, can you send them to our house? (Braden, not Victoria)

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time...how nice to get some projects done and hang out with family!