Monday, October 20, 2008

My smart 3 year old


Kelsie has been obsessed with learning how to write the letters of her name, learning her address, and learning her phone number among other things. She now knows how to spell her first and last name, she can say our address, and she knows our phone number. She loves to write letters and things all day long. Today after I went to pick up her paper, I found this. I couldn't believe how good it looked. If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Alyssa wrote it for her but it was all Kelsie's doing. Wow, is she smart or what?

5 comments:

Chalen said...

Annika and Eliza are equally obsessed with letters. Annika fills entire sheets of paper with letters and then asks me to read it to her. I always get her to "read" it first, so I know what it is about. I was so proud of their writing...until lately when I have begun to find random letters all over the house. Most are on scraps of paper, but a couple were on the walls and then yesterdayy I found one on my chair (of course they wrote on the only piece of furniture that isn't second hand!). So the proud part is running a little thin.

They love letters so much, that I have decided to teach them to read. Annika is doing great and can read simple sentences. Eliza is just starting to read words. Fun Fun. Great acomplishment Kelsie!!

Karen said...

Wow! You guys are great teachers! My kids letter practice consists of which letter box at the post office matches the letter key that mommy has a package for from all of her shopping.

Unknown said...

Your kids are so stinking smart...they are cute too, you are raising a whole bunch of "catches", You and Kevin are going to have to watch out...

Joanna said...

Both of your girls are so bright! Glad to see that you are enjoying Tennessee and that everyone is happy.

Jessica said...

Hey, I am locking my blog and want you to have access. Please put your email address in so I can allow you. I will not publish your email.