Thursday, October 9, 2008

Alyssa's discovery about the Tooth fairy


It's all my fault, and if my child wasn't snooping through things this never would have happened. So last night Alyssa comes to me and says, "Mom, now I know that there is no such thing as a tooth fairy because I found my first, second, and third tooth in your journal." I was dumbfounded as I heard this coming out of the mouth of my six year old. Okay, yes I know that it probably seems weird to keep your child's first teeth but I didn't know what else to do with them. I decided that I would keep them in envelopes and then place them inside of my journal so I could remember the day she lost her teeth. A journal seemed like a safe enough place to store the teeth but apparently it wasn't. After telling Alyssa that parents can also keep the teeth if they want, I just burst out into laughter and so did she. Her final response was, "I can't wait to go to school and tell all of my friends that there is no such thing as a tooth fairy." WE ARE DOOMED!

4 comments:

Camie said...

SIX and already lost three teeth WOW! She well have a story to tell her kids. I dont think I would have kept a straight face ether.

Traylor Family said...

That's hilarious :)

Jessica said...

That's funny! My parents never did the tooth fairy, but even if they had, we would have found out as they forgot OFTEN to even leave something until we came up crying about it. They just handed it to us the next night. HAHA!

Anonymous said...

TRISH!! Oh Alyssa is so dang funny! We need to have a cousin sleepover!! hahaha. And I am way excited to hear when the babies are born. I just wish that we could be around to see them! anyway i love you guys!!
Emily ball