Sunday, October 12, 2008

I have to brag




I have to brag because I am so happy about this dresser, and also about our baby cribs. So the dresser was given to us by a family in our ward. It was kind of a pale, off-white color when we got it and the knobs on it weren't very cute. I decided that I was going to take it upon myself to completely redo the dresser. Anyone who knows me knows that I am never happy with my so called "projects" and usually end up trashing them because I get so frustrated with how they turn out. This time I decided that I wasn't giving up no matter what. Kelsie and I headed over to our favorite store Home Depot and she picked out her favorite color of pink. The color of paint was called Disney Princess pink. (Kelsie's color of choice trust me.) We came home and immediately set off to paint our new dresser. We paid $8 for the can of paint, and then I ordered the white knobs online for $1.08 a piece. Isn't the dresser so cute? I have to say so myself.


So the cribs that we are using are both hand-me-downs. They were both kind of an oak color but different shades of brown, and I thought that it would be really cute if we could have them both match. I love the way white cribs look, and decided that we should also re-do the cribs. Our bishop's boys painted one of the cribs, and then Kevin and I painted the other one, and again I just love the way they turned out as well. We had some mishaps with finding all of the pieces for the cribs but we did finally figure it out.


Last but not least, my Mom being the sweet lady that she is bought our two sweet girls the cutest crib bedding sets.


I will post pictures later of the completed nursery but for now here is how it is looking.


6 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Nice job--sorry that it tooks us so long to get the crib done!!!! I hope it turned out ok.

Anonymous said...

It looks so cute, sounds like you're about ready:)

Mark and Yvonne said...

Thanks for doing the blog. It is fun for us to see how everybody is doing! Hope to see you soon.

Unknown said...

Nice, I love the dresser and the cribs and bedding, can't wait to see pictures of it all put together!

Jessica said...

Great job on both of them! How exciting to have pretty furniture for the babies!

Harris House said...

I have to admit, I'm so jealous! Even though I'm not quite ready to get pregnant again, I am really hoping when I do decide to get prego, that it's a girl next! Lucky you, two girls! You'll have two great little helpers to help you out when the babies arrive too. Best of luck, and congrats!