Saturday, July 19, 2008

The perfect ending to a perfect day!






I love those days when everything just turns out perfectly. Your kids are good all day long, everything just is smooth sailing all day, and you have a permanent grin that stays all day long. That was my day today! It started out with Kevin having the day off which this month has been few and far between. (he has literally been working 80 hour work weeks, every third night he works about a 30 hour shift with no sleep) Anyway, it was so nice having him home today. He took the girls this morning to an inflatable bouncy play place while I had some girls over for a candle party. The party turned out really well, and I just love the women of my ward. I was even showered with gifts. I was given a basket full of perfect tomatoes, flowers, jam, and cute maternity clothes. Kevin returned with the girls and they of course had more fun then they could handle. We hung out at home for a couple of hours and then headed off on a drive to Nashville. We ate dinner at a place called Loveless Cafe, and the food was incredible (especially the biscuits!) Both Alyssa and Kelsie were perfect at the restaurant which in itself is a special occasion. They ate all of their food and couldn't get enough of the chicken. Alyssa ate three pieces of chicken just by herself. We came home and Alyssa played basketball with her Dad for a while. She was helping him fix our basketball hoop, and made the comment that when our babies come she will be his boy because she likes helping him fix things. I thought that was so cute! Her and Kevin have the best relationship.I am just grateful today for the many blessings that I have. I never in a million years dreamt of coming to Tennessee. I was so against coming here that I made Kevin lower it on his list of choices of programs for residencies. I knew that all odds were against us though because Vanderbilt really had their eyes set on him coming here. Now I just honestly love Tennessee, and it has really grown on me. It's funny how things work out sometimes! So now my girls are in bed and I am going to sit down and enjoy the rest of my perfect day!

7 comments:

ApRil & Heath said...

Augh... how cute! Is that one of your cute new pink shirts in the picture? Its adorable on you T~

ebudd said...

You look so beautiful! I love those days when everything seems to just go perfectly. We had one of those over the weekend at my favorite place in the world for our family reunion, the Lovell Ranch. It was so fun! I'm so glad that you've got good friends and people to take care of you while Kevin is so busy. Best to you!

Jessica said...

That does sound like a perfect day. How fun! And glad you got Kevin home for a day. 80 hour work weeks, how terrible! Your girls are so much fun.

Unknown said...

I love the perfect day, it sounded just delightful. I am glad you got a day with Kevin and that the girls could have a play-date with him...I hope you have many more days like this one! You are so cute by-the-way!

Jake said...

I love that you are having girls!! Yea for you!! Tell Kev sorry about no boy... Maybe you have another one? haha!!
So, you are loving Tennesse!! That makes me so happy!! Dan Truman is so nice huh? That means you are close to Jake's cousin Tim. We can get you there info if you want! They'd love it!
Miss you girl!!

Nate and Di said...

Hi Tricia! I found your blog through the Cobell's. I hope you don't mind if I add you on my blog so I can keep updated on the Preece family! I hope all is well for you and your growing little...well not so little family!:)

The Singleton's said...

Sounds like your loving life good for you! We are happy for you and are excited for your addition to the fam! We miss you