Saturday, July 26, 2008

My expensive week with sick girls!



This week my girls decided that they both needed to be sick. On Wednesday, Alyssa came down with her usual sinus infection so we took her to the doctor and got her some medicine. Later that night Kelsie came down with pink eye. I took her to the doctor yesterday and they gave her some eye drops. This morning Kelsie decided that the pink eye wasn't enough and that she still needed to have something else. She has been coughing pretty bad, and just hasn't been feeling well. I decided that I probably should take her back to the doctor today and they said that she now has croup and an ear infection to go along with the pink eye. Sick kids are no fun, and I just hope that they both get feeling better. Here is what our expensive week has added up to:

Wednesday: Co-pay for Alyssa $15

antibiotic medicine for Alyssa $15

Friday: Co-pay for Kelsie $15

eye drops for Kelsie $4

Saturday: Co-pay for Kelsie $15

Amoxicillin for Kelsie $4

Prednisone (steroid) for Kelsie $15


Total for the week $83.00 (OUCH, that's going to hurt the checkbook a lot)


5 comments:

Braden Bell said...

Trisha, so sorry to hear about this. How miserable. Maybe Kevin should have gone into pediatrics instead???

The Singleton's said...

sorry the girls are sick thats no fun. Hope they get feeling better soon.

Jessica said...

Oh, poor girlies! I hope they feel better soon. It really is no fun when kids are sick. Hope they feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Oh, I am sorry, when it rains it pours, so they say--I hope they start feeling better and no one else gets sick!

Tracy said...

Awe, poor babies! I hope they feel better.