Tuesday, November 18, 2008

We survived our first week!






Our little babies are 1 week old and somehow we made it through our first week. I didn't know that two little girls could produce so much poop, eat so much, sleep so much, cause sleep deprivation to their two parents, and yet be so lovable all at the same time. In a week's time, here is what we have noticed:
Laundry has now quadrupled- I think I have washed 4 loads just of baby clothes in a week's time

We have gone through at least 60
diapers (that's 240 diapers a month) I may have to get a part time job just to pay for diapers, wow!

Housework is pretty much non-existent at this point, if I can get the laundry done, I feel productive

I need more hands

Breastfeeding
is not all it's cracked up to be.(I don't know if a big chest is worth it)

Babies
have a good life. Sleep all day, stay awake all night

Life is good, and I am so in love with my four beautiful girls. I am also so in love with my wonderful husband. Kevin is always willing to change diapers, helps take care of the babies in the middle of the night, and he is always worried about my well-being. I am so grateful for Kevin, I couldn't do this without him. Raising twins is definitely a team effort!

11 comments:

The Karrens said...

Congrats on the first week. You are a trooper.

eball said...

Trish!! Oh my heck! I love them they are soooo cute! I wish I could come see them! they are sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you survived the first week. I love to come to your blog just to look at the cute pic's of your babies.

Unknown said...

Yeah one week down! They are cute. I think about you all the time, I wish I could just come over and help out...darn those miles, they add up. love you!

Asher and Amy said...

Great pictures. They are beautiful. We are proud of you. Hang in there. All your girls look great. Kevin looks good too. I will be helping with dinner on Friday. Will not be able to see ya but enjoy the food.

The Cobells said...

You are amazing! Hang in there, I am always think of you and wish I lived by you. Maybe in a few years we will all go back to Utah and live next door. Those girls are lucky to have you as their mom.

crush said...

\Trisha, you amaze me! Look at how good you look in that picture with you and Kevin! Wow! You are awesome! I remember being so amazed at how many diapers we went through! We thought we should have bought stock in Pampers! We'd be rich by now!

Anyway, hang in there! It only gets better from here, and try to enjoy every moment, even though you're sleep deprived! You'll look back on this time and miss the baby stage.

Anonymous said...

WOW, they are ADORABLE, oh i am so happy fo ryou. You look GREAT!! I bet you are having fun, remember to laugh and smile at everything, then get mad!!!

Braden Bell said...

Yay! Congrats on the first week. We miss you guys. Hang in there.

Lisa said...

Congrats you guys! Good luck with everything. I hope you get more sleep soon. Just remember: This newborn thing just a phase, and it will end!!

Jessica said...

Oh, they are so beautiful! You have made it one week so I say you are doing awesome. I bet your girls are just so excited to have two little ones to hold. I love the pictures. Keep going, you are such an awesome mom!