Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The lack of posts lately comes from the lack of energy, the lack of time, and the lack of not feeling like sitting at the computer, but I am back at least for now.

We have had an eventful couple of weeks to say the least. My Mom is here staying with us, and it's been so fun to see her. It's been five months since I have seen her, and boy have I missed her! We have just been going, going, going ever since she got here. We went on the General Jackson showboat which was very fun. The showboat goes along the Cumberland river which was a beautiful drive, we had lunch on the boat as well and then were able to see the Peking Acrobat show which was just amazing. We have been able to try a lot of good restaurants like Bar-b-cutie, and Captain D's, we have been shopping 'till we drop, gone for drives, and tried hush puppies for the first time. We even went to see High School Musical 3 which made me pretty homesick for Utah especially when they showed the mountains. (we used to live within minutes of East High school where the movie was filmed) My Mom also spent Halloween with us and we had a great time trick-or treating. I made sure to walk plenty to see if I could go into labor. I was pretty sure that it worked, and we spent the next night in Labor & Delivery only to be sent home. False alarm and I was sent home! That's right, I am still pregnant! I have tried everything to get these babies to come but they are on their own schedule I guess. I will be 37 weeks along on Monday, and I am beyond ready for these little girls to get here. My Mom leaves next Wednesday so we are really hoping that they will be born while she is still here.

All in all, it has been a great couple of weeks, and I am so sad thinking about my Mom having to go back to Utah. I wish that she just lived next door. We have a single man next door, and I told her that maybe she could just marry him for 3 1/2 years, and then she could just tell him she has to go back to Utah. (OH I WISH THAT SHE LIVED CLOSER) My mom is great, and she is single so if you know of anyone to line her up with let me know.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were missing you that's for sure, I was waiting to see what to get you for a "shower" gift for when the girls got here. Guess we have to wait a bit longer.

PS I know this is short notice but I'm having a Lia Sophia Jewelry party this Saturday at 6:30pm at the Lenoxgate clubhouse missed you Sunday so wasn't able to get you an invitation.
Lynne

Lana said...

Hey- I was sure that you had already had these little girls since I havent heard from you. Pm me when you get a chance. I have protien just like you- I have questions. I'll talk to you soon. BTW, Im glad you have so much fun with your mom. I dont have that relationship with mine, but I love to see it with others!

Jessica Newman said...

I know just how you feel. We are so far from my parents. My brother is getting married in March, so I am going back then, but until then we are alone in Tennessee.

crush said...

Trisha!! Wow!! I can't believe all that's happened to you! The toxemia thing is HORRIBLE with a capital "H"!! I had bad toxemia with Connor. I gained 70 lbs. with him, had 'pitting' in my legs and my protien was really high, along with my b/p. I was induced early at 37 weeks. Anyway, it was miserable and that was only with one baby inside me!!!! I feel for you, I can't imagine having Toxemia with twins! Just keep holding on. They'll be here and then sometimes you'll wish you could send them back! :o) Anyway, hang in there. It'll be OK. Can't wait to see them!

ApRil & Heath said...

dON'T get any ideas now Trish.. the Vickster is staying right here in Utah! Looks like you guys are having so much fun.. :( sad.. good luck on Monday, love your guts!

Braden Bell said...

So glad you are ok. We've missed seeing and hearing from you. Good luck on the home stretch!!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
I know this is premature to an actualy post, but I got your message and I am so excited and want to know everything and can't wait to see pictures!
Did you end up having PIH, the last time I talked to you your blood pressure wasn't high and you weren't swollen, I guess things can change quickly!
I am glad your mom got to be there and I am sorry she has to leave so soon after, but your grandma is coming right?!
Oh Congrats again! YOu guys are in our thoughts and prayers!
love the Messel's