Monday, May 26, 2008

Dr.Preece


We officially have a doctor in the house! Dr. Preece graduated from Medical School on Saturday. I can't believe that eight years later here we are. Graduation was a huge accomplishment for both of us. Medical school has been great, definitely challenging at times but worth all of the effort and sacrifice.Dr. Preece looked so happy and was just grinning from ear to ear So the night before graduation, I decided that I better pull out his gown and make sure that it was ironed and ready to go. I pulled it out of the package and it looked like a shirt instead of a gown. I just figured that they changed the design, and that maybe they weren't having the students wear the traditional gowns anymore. Come to find out, they gave Kevin the wrong size. They gave him a gown to fit a midget. Here it was the night before graduation. There was nothing that we could do to get a new gown. Luckily, one of our neighbors just finished the Ph.D. program and they wore the same gown. We borrowed his gown and it looked perfect. The day of graduation was great. We had a fun party afterwards with our family and friends, and we appreciated all of the love and support. Now on to residency......

4 comments:

Brianne said...

YAH!!! You made it! Now on to residency, the fun part!!!

We need to chat one of these days.

Jessica said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You all have worked so hard to make this a reality! I am sure it feels so good to be done with this stage of life. I can't believe they gave him a tiny gown and so lucky that he was able to find one to work. He looks great and so excited!

crush said...

Happy day!!!!

deb said...

I was laughing really hard about the gown. That is probably the best thing I have heard all day! Thanks for the laugh!