Friday, May 14, 2010

Sunday's are going to be a breeze






Church for the last eighteen months has been quite an adventure to say the least. In the beginning it was hard hauling in two infant car seats, 1 diaper bag, and Alyssa and Kelsie's church bag. Kevin had to work a lot of Sunday's and so it turned out that usually I just went to church with the kids by myself. I felt like the ward service project because I was constantly needing help at church. You could always hear when our family was at church by the way that Leah and Audrey would scream during sacrament meeting. Some weeks I had to resort to calling our old bishop's wife to see if she wouldn't mind picking up our older girls so that I could stay home and give the babies a nap. As the babies got a little older and weren't in their infant car seats anymore, things actually got a little bit more challenging. Now I had to carry both of them into the building plus all of their belongings. When they began walking guess what? They no longer wanted to hold still during our classes so we would spend our two hours of meeting chasing babies around the building. Good times for all. Now that Leah and Audrey are at the magical age of 18 months they get to go to nursery. With my older two girls, I think that I cried when I dropped them off at nursery for the first time, but oh how happy I was when I got to drop off my fifty plus pound of energetic one year olds. They were so happy to be there, and they have just loved nursery. I have been sneaking them in for the last couple of weeks to get them used to the idea. They didn't even flinch when I left the room, they are loving the nursery. The nursery teachers are great, and I trust them deeply with my girls. Last week they made Mother's day cards with their pictures inside. Leah's card was signed Audrey, and Audrey's card was signed Leah. It was pretty cute. I guess when you are not used to seeing them that they are easy to get mixed up. Anyway, church is going to be a breeze, and I actually will be able to hear what is being said during the lesson.

8 comments:

Joyce said...

Oh, sorry about the name mix up. That was a hectic day trying to take pictures of all the kids, get them printed onto the cards, taking them outside for cupcakes, getting them all back in and cleaned up, then cleaning up again when they found the left over cupcakes. We were exhausted! But, we love our nursery kids, and hope we can stay there for awhile. I really can tell the girls apart, but I must have told Brent the wrong name for the card. (he he)

Camie said...

Your girls are so cute!! Isn't 18 months the best!

Unknown said...

I will take a Marks-A-Lot this week and write their names on their forhead. Then I'll keep em' straight.

EatRunWorkPlay said...

That is awesome! LOVE nursery, when they love to go that is!

Karlie said...

Reading this made me laugh!! :) I so understand the lugging of 2 infants at once thing, but I have to applaud for you doing it on your own so often! My girls love nursery too and actually throw a fit when I come to pick them up!

The Cobells said...

I am so excited to have Boston go into nursery too. Those two are getting so big, and so cute.

Braden Bell said...

Wait, when you said "old bishop" you meant former/past bishop not literally old? Right? I mean Bro. Ostermiller's old, and Bro. Pennington's old, but I'm not that old yet in spite of the gray hair!

SO happy for you! Nursery was always a really big event for us!!!

Unknown said...

how cute, I got tired and a little stressed thinking about how it WAS when the girls were 'pre-nursery'...I am so glad they both like nursery and that there is some reprieve on the Sabbath! ;)